Thursday, March 26, 2015
It is clear that homebuyers today still love their homes at our beautiful New Jersey shore area. For those of us that live here year-round, we wouldn’t be anywhere else in the world! So what exactly is it that draws people to the shore areas like Monmouth and Ocean Counties? Here are five tips for building your new custom home now.
1) Our beaches are among the most beautiful in the country. With amenities to please just about everyone, there are a variety of beach, waterfront, or inland properties available to suit your needs. Many homebuyers choose to purchase a property with a home in need of demolition. This allows a blank slate with which to build their new custom home. There’s a “Renaissance” happening at the New Jersey shore, so don’t wait too long to find your new property and start building.
2) Communities in Monmouth and Ocean Counties are close to everything! There are plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment venues close by, so there is never a dull moment. With this in mind, we recommend you enlist the help of a local realtor to help you find the perfect place to build your new custom home. They are knowledgeable about properties on the market, housing values, school systems, or anything you may need to know about where to build your new custom home.
3) Timing is everything, and if you are looking to move in and enjoy your new home for Summer 2016, now is the time to start looking for land. Once you secure the property you are going to build on, the next step is to find your custom homebuilder. Designing the home, applying for permits, and securing your financing all take time, so starting the process now will ensure your home will be completed with plenty of time to spare.
4) Many families choose to build their second home at the Jersey Shore and come down every weekend to soak up the sun and spend quality time with their families away from the office. Others make a permanent move and live here year-round. Whichever you decide, Monmouth or Ocean counties will make the perfect location for your new home.
5) There are plenty of properties to build a new home located along the waterfront areas. Building a home on the river or oceanfront will provide a whole different experience than a home built inland. Be sure when you select your waterfront property that you can secure the proper grants and permits for things you may want to build like docks, bulkheads and retaining walls. Your realtor, engineer or builder can help coordinate the necessary paperwork involved with waterfront amenities, but make sure you research this before you purchase your property.
If you love the Jersey Shore and are thinking of building a custom home in one of our fabulous shore towns, there’s no better time than now to get started! RBA Homes specializes in custom modular homes in like Spring Lake, Sea Girt, Rumson, Fair Haven and Colts Neck, and most recently in many neighborhoods in Toms River and the Barrier Island that were hard hit by superstorm Sandy, contact us today to find out how we can make your new custom home dreams come true!